Q. I was searching SUSS Library off-campus and came upon an unfamiliar login screen. What do I do?
Some databases do not allow deep linking directly to the article, so the "Full Text Available" link takes you to the database vendor login page instead of the SUSS login page. When that happens, there are workarounds:
1) Workaround #1
- Look for and click on the OpenAthens Login (OpenAthens is the name of the library verification platform).
- From Find your organisation, type Singapore University, then select Singapore University of Social Sciences.
- At the SUSS sign-in screen, select Student or Faculty/Staff ...
- Enter your SUSS Username (leave out @suss.edu.sg) and Password.
- Click Sign in.
You can also search directly within a database for the article you want. Here's how:
- Take note of the database that an article resides in and then go to the Databases A-Z list at http://libguides.suss.edu.sg/az.php.
- Example: Your article is available in Taylor and Francis Social Science & Humanities database.
- Go to Databases A-Z at http://libguides.suss.edu.sg/az.php
- Click on Taylor and Francis.
- Type the article title, how hawkish is the chinese public, in the search box. You should see the full text.
Ask the Library
Use the box to search the knowledge base of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about research, library logins, citing and more. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, send an email to email@example.com.