Is filming or photography allowed in the Discussion Room or within SUSS Library premises?
Casual personal photography or filming of short video clips in SUSS Library of no longer than 60 seconds using mobile devices (“Casual Filming and Photography”), for example to commemorate the library visit, does not require advance written permission from the University.
Save for Casual Filming and Photography, all other filming and photography in SUSS Library are subject to approval. Requests for approval must be submitted online via a Filming and Photography Request Form here: https://suss.libwizard.com/f/filmingandphotography at least two (2) weeks prior to the start date of filming/photography.
By submitting an online request for Filming and Photography, the requestor agrees to abide by the following terms and conditions:
Terms and Conditions for Filming and Photography in SUSS Library
• Filming or photography must not undermine SUSS’s reputation and conflict with SUSS’s mission and values.
• Filming or photography may only take place during library opening hours.
• Filming or photography must not cause disruption to library operations, inconvenience any library users, or infringe on the privacy of library staff or users.
• Graphic or computer-generated modifications to the images of the library or any physical modification to the library of any kind are not permitted. Requestors may not drill or nail into, cut out, glue onto, or alter library property in any way.
• Moving of library equipment is not permitted in any way.
• Request for moving of furniture will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Should approval be granted, the requestor must rearrange the furniture on their own and restore it to its original position before leaving.
Get your questions answered
Have a question on using library resources or how to get started on your research assignments?
Email us your questions or set up an appointment to get personalised guidance.