Q. Why am I prompted to purchase journal articles?
If you are a registered SUSS student or current member of staff, you can freely access the journals the library subscribes to when you are signed in with your SUSS username and password. You should not have to pay a fee to access a subscribed article, book or video.
1) If you are being asked to pay for an article (as shown below), it is likely that:
- The document is not included in the library's subscription.
- The document is very recent and is embargoed by the publisher.
2) The Library has that article, chapter, book or video but it is not able to link directly to it, so you are taken to the database vendor's page with a paywall.
- When that happens, look for and click on OpenAthens Login. (OpenAthens is the name of the library verification platform).
- You will be prompted to enter your institution name. Type Singapore University of Social Sciences and select the university from the menu.
- You will be taken to the SUSS Library login screen. Sgn in using your SUSS username and password.
Ask the Library
Use the box to search the knowledge base of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about research, library logins, citing and more. If you still haven't found what you're looking for, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.