Q. How do I search Factiva?
Factiva is a global news database of nearly 33,000 premium sources, including licensed publications, influential websites, blogs, images and videos.
At the library's Databases A-Z page (http://libguides.suss.edu.sg/az.php), click on Factiva.
1. To start searching, click on Search > Search Builder on the homepage.
2. Enter your search terms in the Free Text box. Use "and" in between words and phrases. Example: blockchain technology and Singapore
3. Under Date, set your date range to search. The default is last 3 months.
4. You can click on Source if you wish to limit your search to specific publications, e.g. The Straits Times or The Washington Post.
5. Other search options include Industry, Region, Language, etc.
6. Click Search.
For more help with search strategies and viewing options, please refer to the attached Factiva Search Builder Quick Reference Guide.
Ask The Library
Use the box to search the knowledge base of frequently asked questions (FAQs) about research, library logins, citing and more. If you still haven't found what you're looking for. send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.